Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Date Night!

Last night my mom watched Kadynce while Jonathan and I went on a much needed date night. I have wanted to see the movie "Soul Surfer" for months, but we never had the chance to make it to the theater to see it. Lucky for me it was still at the dollar theater so that's what we decided to do. We got buttery popcorn, nachos, and a large Mr. Pibb and the movie was incredible! After that we went to Maggie Moos and got ice cream and just sat outside and talked. It was the perfect night! I sure do love my hubby and I feel so blessed that he is in my life.



Soul Surfer was the perfect movie for us to see last night. It was incredible to me how many parallels there were between a 14 year old girl that lost her arm and this 24 year old girl that just lost her baby. Surfing was young Bethany Hamilton's life. It was her dream to be a professional surfer and she couldn't imagine doing anything else. In the same way all I have ever dreamed of is being a mommy. When my sweet baby boy was taken away it felt like part of my dream was too. I am so thankful to have our Kadynce and can't imagine having to go through this without her, but it's still hard. My favorite quote of the movie was when someone asked Bethany if she would go back to the day that the shark attacked and not go surfing? She said "No because I could never have embraced this many people with two arms." This is how I feel about all that we have gone through in the past months. Would I have chosen the path that we have had to walk? Probably not, but would I take anything back? No, because I have seen how many lives our precious boy touched in the short time he was here.

It's so hard, but I am trying to be brave as I face the future. 2 Timothy 1:7 says "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." I know it's ok to have my bad days and to be sad, cry, scream or do whatever I need to, but I know I do not need to be afraid. The Lord has and will take care of us. I believe that the Lord has placed the desire to have a large family in my heart and he will fulfill that desire in one way or another. God is good and he does good!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an incredible movie to relate to. I loved the movie. I saw the real Bethany on an interview on the Huckabee before we went to the movie, so it made the movie more real. What a story of trusting God for His Plan. I bet you can relate.

    Praying for you guys!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete