Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

I had read several places that you can substitute Spaghetti Squash for the pasta in spaghetti. I decided to give this a try. I told Jonathan that if we did not like it we could order pizza ;) If you've never had this type of squash this is what it looks like once the seeds are removed and the flesh it scraped.


So we tried it. We put the noodle type squash into a bowl and put spaghetti sauce with ground meat on top of it. I am happy to report that it was a SUCCESS!!! We have already made it again since. The texture is more crunchy than pasta and Jonathan said he actually likes that better.

I am also happy to report that my new system for doing housework is working out quite nicely. I am getting much more accomplished and it feels great!!!

1 comment:

  1. Spaghetti squash is awesome...actually, I think ALL squash are pretty much my favorite - but I LOVE the yellow guy! I love to bake it with cheese on top too - really yummmy!

    Congratulations on your discovery! Also - did you know that you can "grate" zuchini and us it as spaghetti noodles as well? I haven't tried it but apparently they work just like wheat noodles.

    ReplyDelete