Saturday, August 14, 2010

We'll call it Rotel Chicken Soup

Per Jonathan's request I have decided to blog about a soup recipe that my mom and I came up with about a month ago. It is delicious and healthy! Jonathan says it's one of his favorite meals (even with this 100 degree weather). I got the idea while eating a soup at a restaurant who will remain nameless. I realized that the ingredients seemed simple and thought that I could probably make it at home. So here's the recipe, please enjoy:

Ingredients (This is for about 4 servings)
  • 3 boneless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
  • 5 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 can of rotel tomatoes
  • 2 cups of cooked brown rice
  • Garlic salt to taste
  • 1 avocado peeled and diced
  • tortilla chips
Directions

Mix together chicken, chicken broth, rotel, rice, and garlic salt in large pot and let cook on low heat for 30-45 minutes. Serve with diced avocado and tortilla chips. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!! My kind of soup! I think I may steal this recipe from you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...sorry that comment was from me--Susan...I realized it says "home"...I figured my gmail login would come up automatically but I guess not?

    ReplyDelete