Thursday, August 19, 2010

Changes

I have realized that when I make a decision about a change I want to make in my life the more people I tell the more accountability I have. I think accountability is a wonderful thing and therefore I am going to share some decisions I (or we) have made we you.

#1 change took place this week. We decided that we were watching entirely too much TV in the evenings and not spending enough of our time just enjoying each other. Because of this we have not been turning on the TV in the evenings until Kadynce goes to bed. This may sound simple to some of you, but to us this has been huge. I still allow Kadynce to watch some of her Sesame Street, or Praise Baby during the day when it's just her and I, but the evenings are family time and I love it. We have even cancelled our satellite. It's been very freeing.

#2 change that I desire to make is I would like to be more organized in my house keeping. I am one of those people that tends to freeze up under stress. It seems that the more housework that needs to be done the less productive I am. I am going to try to make a list of things that need to be accomplished each week and assign them a specific day to be done. This way I will be taking things on in pieces and won't get so overwhelmed looking at one big long list. This will be totally new to me so we'll see how it goes.

So those are the changes going on in my life right now. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts. I will leave you with this cute video of Kadynce watching Bella from her highchair.


No comments:

Post a Comment