Sunday, August 8, 2010

Absolutely NO control

This weekend was interesting. It was a lesson learned for this Mommy that likes to have everything planned and to feel in control. Our weekend usually start on Fridays because Jonathan has Fridays off. It is normally "family day" since Saturdays are usually pretty busy with some sort of event. We were looking forward to all that we had planned this weekend. Friday we were going to go to the Dallas Museum of Art to see a display that I have been wanting to see all summer. That would be followed by our traditional relaxing pizza and a movie night. Saturday we were going to meet my mom, dad, and brother for lunch and to hand off Kadynce to her Nana so the rest of us could spend the rest of the day at the Brad Paisley concert. All the plans were made and no worries.... I had it all under control.
Kadynce woke up Friday morning with a temperature of 102.3. No museum for us. Don't get me wrong I love taking care of my baby more than anything, but I was still a little disappointed. We took her to the Doctor and he diagnosed her with a childhood virus that causes a high fever and very painful blisters and the throat. Our relaxing evening quickly turned into an evening of trying to comfort a very upset and hurting baby. It is just heartbreaking when they are in so much pain and there is nothing you can do.

Plans were still on for Saturday. Kadynce seemed to be feeling a little better and I felt good about leaving her with my mom. She loves her Nana very much and after all, who took care of me all the times I was sick? While getting ready for the concert my vision in my right eye seemed strange. Everything was squiggly and I just didn't feel right. In a matter of minutes I was experiencing the most intense pain in my head and nausea that I have ever felt. I was having a migraine. Only the second one I've ever experienced. It was miserable and scary. My mom quickly came to stay with Kadynce and I while Jonathan headed on to the concert. He had really been looking forward to it and I didn't want him to miss it. Thankfully after a few hours of rest I was feeling much better and was able to make it to the concert before Brad Paisley came on stage. I was still able to enjoy the evening with my dad, brother, and sweet hubby.

The Lord definitely reminded me this weekend that I am not in control. I don't think it is a bad thing to be a planner. I just need to work on not being upset when things don't go as planned. After all, we were created to glorify God for His purpose and not ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment