Friday, August 6, 2010

New Hobby

A few months ago I decided that I wanted to learn to sew. So, I bought a sewing machine and everything else the internet said I needed to go with it. A wonderful friend that has experience in this area offered to show me basics and I greatly accepted her offer. The above picture is of my most recent project. It is a skirt that Kadynce probably won't really fit in until she's three (I meant to make it a little big, but I went a little overboard). That's ok though, maybe she can wear it to ballet class or something. I made this skirt to practice for her birthday outfit that I will be making soon. I just can't believe our baby will be a year old in two and a half months. I already have all of the material for her skirt and to appliqué a shirt. I am really excited and I think it will be super cute!

3 comments:

  1. Good Job! I have always wanted to sew. My mom is an amazing seamstress, and she has tried to teach me to no avail. I am pretty sure I am unteachable:) But I would love to be able to make my girls dresses and things..maybe someday;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I was in a boutique recently with a friend and they were selling similar type outfits for nearly $55.00! I nearly fell over! The top was just a tank top with the beading on it! So cute! Wish my little girl was still little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is adorable!! I took up sewing after I had Kamryn and love it!! It is so much cheaper and so much fun to get into.

    ReplyDelete