Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This and That

This is going to be a pretty random post full of random thoughts about our daily happenings.  It's so funny how to me how one day can be so different from the next.  Monday was one of those days where you feel like you can't catch your breath.  It wasn't that anything bad happened, it was just one of those days.  I felt like the whole day was either spent trying to get Lydia to nap or cutting vegetables (I told you this post was going to be random lol).  When I left for bible study at the end of the day I felt that all I had managed to do was feed my family.  I know that's important, but so is clean underwear...

I took this picture after I finally got Lydia to sleep in her crib.  Yeah, that only lasted 20 minutes...


After bible study I headed to Starbucks for our weekly coffee.  I had a feeling that I might be the only one there because I knew several of the other ladies were busy.  I was right, but it was so nice to just sit in the quiet and enjoy my coffee and this great book "Sparkly Green Earrings."  I am about 3/4 of the way through it so far and I would highly recommend it.  The author, Melanie Shankle (aka Big Mama) was one of the emcees at the DotMom conference two weeks  ago.  She is hilarious!


Tuesday was a complete polar opposite of Monday.  Kadynce went to school and I watched my sweet friend, Valerie's little girls so she could go to a meeting.  It was one of those rare days that by the afternoon the house was picked up, carpet was vacuumed, dishes were done, laundry was washed and folded, both girls were napping, and dinner was in the crock pot.  Oh and not to mention Downton Abbey was on TV.  It was bliss for this mommy and I tried to savor every moment because I knew it may be many, many days before the stars decide to align in that way again haha.  Anyway, I'm just thankful for the Lord's new mercies each day.  You never know what adventure the day will hold (or how much patience you're going to need).


This is a picture of Kadynce and Bella before ballet this morning.  I know it's blurry, but I really liked it.  Kadynce has just recently taken a big interest in helping care for Bella and it's so sweet.  When we come in the house from the garage she gets on the floor and holds Bella back from running into the garage.  Not too long ago Bella would have taken great offense to that because, after all she is the boss.   I think she actually likes Kadynce giving her the extra attention now (obviously somebody needs to, I mean just look at her hair haha).


Last random thought of the day... Why do people have to be so mean?  When I was turning into the parking lot at ballet this morning the man behind me laid on his horn and then proceeded to give me a not-so-nice hand gesture and I'm not really even sure why.  I know I'm not the best driver and a lot of times I do dumb things, but all I was doing was turning left from a little two lane road.  I know I shouldn't let it, but it seriously hurt my feelings.  Then, not even 10 minutes later one of my best friends calls me close to tears because of the rude and unthoughtful things people have been saying to her.  I just don't get it.  In the extremely wise words from the movie "Bambi" "If you don't have something nice to day, don't say anything at all."  Ok end of soapbox :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day!  



No comments:

Post a Comment