Monday, March 11, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad

Yesterday Jonathan made the comment that he wished chicken salad could be made without mayonnaise or salad dressing.  I told him that I had seen some recipes on Pinterest that used avocado, but that I hadn't really paid attention to the specifics.  Today my ever-so-talented husband came up with the most delicious recipe for a "Mayo free" chicken salad.  I asked him what Pinterest recipe he based it off of so I could give them proper credit and he told me he didn't look at one at all.  This stuff is seriously so yummy I just couldn't resist sharing.

1 can chicken
1 avocado
1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp finely chopped pickles
2 tsp mustard
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp lime juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mash all ingredients together until avocado is no longer chunky.


This is the package for the bread pictured above.  We buy it at Sprouts and it is our absolute favorite.


I topped off my chicken salad with some freshly made pico and a slice of pepper jack cheese.  Mmm, Mmm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment