Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Happiest Place on Earth

After 20 years, my grandparents decided it was time to sell their house at Club Lake.  I've learned that change is a necessary part of life that you can either embrace or resist.  No matter how much you resist change it usually doesn't make a difference, so embrace it it is.  Thanks to the persistence of a certain 3 year old, we decided to travel to the lake this past weekend one last time.  I am so, so glad we went.  Sometimes it's just good to go "home."  I've always said that the lake is one of of my favorite places in the world and this weekend I realized exactly why.  As I stood on the peninsula taking pictures, what I saw through the lens was almost surreal.  I saw my Dad, Uncle, and Grandaddy waist deep in water pulling out weeds so we could swim that first summer.  I saw four blonde-haired, blue-eyed cousins laughing and splashing in the water for hours.  I saw Grandaddy helping those same kids learn how to throw the perfect cast and get a fish off the hook on their own.  I saw Grandmamma and I decorating the barge for the 4th of July parade.  I saw fireworks.  I saw two love-struck teenagers spending hours on the lake then those same "kids" taking their engagement pictures.   I saw Kadynce playing in the snow this past Christmas.  I saw all of this and so much more.  I realized that this is what made it my favorite place, the people, the memories.  I will miss the lake, but I am so looking forward to many more new and exciting memories with the people I love.  I left this weekend feeling so thankful for my many, many blessings.

We had a lot of fun taking these pictures and I hope you enjoy them too!





I planted this tree when I was in the 2nd grade.  It was literally just a stick at that time.  







No comments:

Post a Comment