Thursday, July 16, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday Isaac!

Isaac Preston,
Around this time 4 years ago, Daddy and I swaddled you up and kissed your sweet cheeks for the last time.  We were saying goodbye to your body knowing that your soul had already been in heaven for several hours.  I feel like with each year that passes heaven seems a little closer and even sweeter than before.  Just in the last few months several amazing people that I love very much have joined you.  Somehow it has brought me comfort to know that you were there to greet them.  I continue to tell your story and you continue to find your way into people's hearts.  I am so thankful God chose me to be your mommy.  I often wonder what you would be like if you were still here.  What sport would be your favorite?  Would you like to build with Legos like your Daddy did when he was a little boy?  You would be going into PreK next month.  Goodness I can't believe how quickly time has passed.  Happy 4th Birthday my precious blessing.  We had a wonderful day celebrating your life with your sisters by going to the movies, taking a new baby a gift at the hospital, then eating Chuys.  This evening we ate hotdogs with Nana, Tata, and Aunt Susan.  We sent your balloons to you and ate a cookie cake.  Kadynce and Lydia played on the slip and slide and with water balloons.  You would have had a blast!  I love you and miss you more than words can say! 
Love, 
Mommy 

4 comments: